The Philippine government has expressed confidence that the country’s health information management – business process management (HIM-BPM) sector will be able to employ a total of 135,000 workers this year. In 2014, the HIM-BPM sector had 86,000 full-time employees, but the government said the number of employees in the sector could grow with the entry of new companies in the Philippines. Trade and Industry Promotion Group (IPG) Undersecretary Nora Terrado said many US companies showed interest in the Philippines during the recent Healthcare Information Management System Society Annual Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas. The HIM sector is one of the leading industries in the Philippines that have significantly contributed to the growth of the business process management sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information