Game developers in the Philippines want to take a greater share of the burgeoning European computer games market, which is now valued at USD18.4bn. The video gaming industry in the Philippines produced its first game in the 1990s, but the industry has been generating only about USD100m in yearly revenues. To make their presence felt in Europe, members of the Games Development Association of the Philippines (GDAP) will join the Gamescom 2016 event in Cologne, Germany on 17-21 August. The group seeks to attract investors in the Philippine IT and games industry, according to the Board of Investments. The Philippines aims to promote its specializations at Gamescom, which includes developing end-to-end games and game-related services such as art, programming, and support outsourcing.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information