The new government of President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to aggressively ramp up economic activities in rural areas. The move will open opportunities for fresh investment in new industries in the rural areas affected. Industries such as IT-BPO and tourism have long been present in the provinces, but the government’s plan is to further move investments outside Metro Manila and the bustling business centers of Cebu and Davao. These are likely to be the ‘Next Wave Cities’ (NWCs) identified by the Department of Science and Technology and the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines. These cities are Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Dagupan, Dasmariñas, Dumaguete, Lipa, Malolos, Naga, Sta. Rosa and Taytay.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information