A global report has shown that nearly 3.2 billion people are now active users of social media, with 67 million of them living in the Philippines. According to a report released by Hootsuite, A US-based social media management platform, the number of Internet users around the world has now surpassed the 4-billion mark, meaning more than half of the world population is online. The report covered 239 countries and territories. Internet user numbers increased 7% in the last 12 months to hit 4.021 billion, or 53% of the world’s population, the report said. Mobile social media usage has increased by 14% year over year to 2.958 billion users, with 93% of social media users accessing social media from mobile platforms.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information