The Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT) has assured top officials of the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (Peza) of its continuing efforts to ensure occupational safety and health standards among industry workers in the province. The group made the pronouncement as Peza is implementing necessary measures to protect workers of industries locating in registered economic zones (ecozones) by ensuring compliance with occupational safety and health (OSH) standards. Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, executive director of BNEFIT, said the organization’s initiatives to ensure occupational safety and health standards among BPO workers include collaboration and support from the Department of Labor and Employment, Bureau of Fire Protection, and local government units.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information