The Philippine economy will grow between 6% and 7% this year, in line with the government’s growth target, according to the Asian Development Bank (ADB). ADB vice president for private sector and co-financing operations, Diwakar Gupta, said that while net external demand was a drag on GDP growth, the brisk services exports, particularly business process outsourcing (BPO) partly mitigated the weak demand. Gupta said the country’s growth is seen to remain strong due to robust domestic consumption. Private investment and household spending are also expected to expand on positive sentiment following the peaceful elections.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information