In contrast to some reports that claim that the digital competitiveness of the Philippines has sharply declined, Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) officer Eric Alberto says the country is in much better shape than such reports claim. Although The 2018 World Digital Competitiveness Ranking of the International Institute for Management Development has identified poor internet speeds as one of the factors contributing to the country’s drop in its ranking, Alberto said that the country’s internet speed has in fact been steadily improving. As a consequence the Philippines still remains the preferred destination for outsourcing in the world as it heavily relies on solid communications technology infrastructure. The Philippines has dropped 10 spots this year in the 2018 World Digital Competitiveness Ranking, its biggest decline in six years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information