President Rodrigo Duterte is set to address the National Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Summit in his hometown Davao City on 22 June before a gathering of at least 700 key industry stakeholders. The two-day summit, which started on 21 June, is the concluding event for the ICT in the month of June. The event carries the theme ‘Empowering the Filipino through Digital Transformation’. Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, the president’s daughter, opened the program on Thursday, welcoming delegates from the government, the ICT, academe and the private sector. The summit has been organized by the Department of Information and Communications Technology, the lead government agency for developing the ICT sector. Davao City’s ICT Council president, Samuel Matunog, has forecast an increase in new locators and the expansion of existing BPOs operating in the city.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information