As firms seek workers with new skills to counter digital disruption to their business models, Philippine salaries are expected to increase by 6% next year, according to Mercer, a human resources consultancy firm. Bangladesh (10%), India (9.2%), and Vietnam (9.8%) are leading Asia in its forecast for wage inflation. In contrast, salaries in Australia, New Zealand and Japan are expected to grow at only 2.6%, 2.5%, and 2%, respectively. Floriza Molon, Mercer’s Career Business Leader for the Philippines, said the country’s overall hiring outlook is positive with 50% of companies across different industries looking to grow their talent pool to diversify and seize growth opportunities, and counter digital disruption. Mercer said outsourcing and shared services providers, in particular, have the most positive hiring outlook in 2019, with 70% of firms in the sector looking to expand, and 24% looking to maintain their current number of workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information