A study conducted by HfS Research showed that while the emergence of Intelligent Automation on the global IT and BPO services will impact several outsourcing nations, the Philippines will be the least impacted. The research said the recent wave of automation of IT Services and the BPO industry will impact the US and Indian services workforce the most, because low-skilled positions are greatest at risk. The Philippines, however, will be the least impacted because of the local industry’s heavy reliance on voice-based customer support and high-touch healthcare operations work undertaken. India is set to lose 640,000 and the US about 770,000 low-skilled positions by 2021.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information