Womenpowered Institute founder Mary Rose Rontal said that businesses in the Philippines may start feeling the impact of artificial intelligence and related technologies within five years. Rontal stressed, however, that the country’s online jobs that require a human component continue to expand and that human workers are unlikely to be replaced by AI, as long as the services they perform and skills they have are complementary to AI. Rontal also urged the Philippine government to provide focused training for high-level technical jobs and skills, and not just for secretarial jobs/ clerical jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information