The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) expects the bidding for the selection of a new major telco player in the country to be conducted by September of this year based on its proposed revised schedule. DICT acting secretary Eliseo Rio Jr said he would meet the oversight committee he chairs on May 23 to discuss the new set of draft rules outlining the selection process of the new telco player. Terms could be finalized around late June or early July 2018, and the actual bidding process can be launched soon after. The entry of a new major telco player in the country was a campaign promise made by President Rodrigo Duterte. Interested players included local companies such as Philippine Telegraph and Telephone Co, Now Corp, Converge ICT Solutions Inc, Easycall Communications Philippines, and the group of businesses owned by Dennis Uy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information