Despite challenges from emerging markets, the Philippines remains confident of the growth in its BPO sector, and has set its sights on overtaking India as the world’s most preferred global outsourcing destination. IT and Business Process Association Philippines (IBPAP) chairman Danilo Sebastian Reyes said the challenges from emerging markets will not shake the country’s position as the second most popular BPO destination in the world. Reyes also said the country’s skilled workers and competitive advantage will continue to cement the Philippines’ strength in the global BPO rankings. The Philippines is already the top voice outsourcing destination in the world although it continues to chase India in terms of overall IT-BPM revenues and number of people employed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information