The much awaited law that creates the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has now been signed, which places the government’s disparate IT offices into one department. President Benigno Aquino III signed into law Republic Act 10844, An Act Creating the DICT, one of the key pieces of legislation arising from the 16th Congress, on Monday. The new DICT law will become a powerful main server that will spur information and communications development, institutional e-government, and manage the country’s ICT environment, which includes the outsourcing industry. The Makati Business Club, which issued a statement on behalf of the Philippine Business Groups and Joint Foreign Chambers (PBG-JFC), earlier said the law will help position the Philippines as a world leader in a growing dominant sector of the global economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information