To address the high demand from ICT, business process management and other industries, Philippine telecommunications operator PLDT, through its business units together with ePLDT and PLDT Enterprise, has opened its second Vitro Data Center in Cebu, its tenth in the country. Located in Mandaue City, the P1 billion Vitro Data Center will serve the increased data and ICT needs of the city’s 10,000 industrial and commercial businesses as well as of the whole Cebu province, PLDT said. Vitro Cebu 2 is equipped with a maximum of 800 racks, adding to ePLDT’s current 8,300-rack capacity. The second Cebu Vitro Data Center is supported by PLDT’s fiber optic network spanning over 187,000 kilometers. Jovy Hernandez, head of PLDT and SMART Enterprise Business Group, said even small and medium enterprises are in need of better and efficient data storage and security.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information