PLDT Inc chairman, president, and chief executive officer Manuel V. Pangilinan announced that the company will outsource its IT operations that could result in savings worth over PHP7bn. As early as March, PLDT already bared plans for a manpower reduction program, which will affect particularly its IT department. The company seeks to outsource back-office operations such as billing, online platform, service delivery platforms, customer relationship management, and one-stop shop centers. Pangilinan disclosed that they are currently in talks with IBM, and relevant agreements are scheduled to be signed by the end of this month. PLDT has been hit by shrinking revenues amid a rapid rise in adaptation to mobile Internet and broadband.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information