Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) Inc has completed its fourth cable landing station in Davao. The cable landing station links Mindanao to PLDT’s three existing international gateways located in Nasugbu, Batangas; Bauang, La Union and Daet, Camarines Norte. PLDT said the project will significantly improve the flow of international data traffic to and from Mindanao. In a statement, the company added that the fourth cable landing station will provide better resiliency and reduced latency for enterprises particularly those that demand bandwidth-heavy data services as the BPO industry. The station is part of PLDT’s programmed P48bn capital expenditure for 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information