A number of investors have shied away from setting up business process outsourcing (BPO) operations in the Philippines due to the country’s poor infrastructure. This was revealed by Finance Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez III, adding that the loss of tax incentives is actually not the main reason why investors do not pursue BPO investments in the country. The statement of Dominguez was in response to calls by the BPO industry not to remove value-added tax exemptions on outsourcing firms. Dominguez said reforming the tax system will generate more revenue that will enable the government to be better placed to carry out infrastructure program.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information