The Philippine-based contact center unit of global outsourcing firm Premier BPO has received PCI certification for meeting the payment card industry’s data security standard requirements. The PCI certification Level 1 that Premier BPO received is the highest of four categories of certification. The PCI Standards are endorsed by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa Inc. According to a Premier BPO statement, only 11% of organizations meet all 12 PCI requirements. Premier BPO said it went through an audit of its controls and processes. PCI certification involves meeting all 12 requirements, broken into 6 sections called “control objectives.” Mark Briggs of Premier BPO said the company has always taken great strides at protecting its clients and its clients’ data. PCI certification includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protected measures.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information