Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has urged outsourcing companies in the country to ensure that their workers are paid correctly. He also warned outsourcing firms to stop disobeying labour laws, including the rules on paying the minimum wage. Duterte said if outsourcing companies do not take care of their workers, his administration cannot also take care of the companies. The president said he would not tolerate companies that do not pay workers correctly, threatening to have their businesses closed down. Duterte earlier vowed to end contractualization without compromise, although he assured businessmen of adequate protection.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information