President Rodrigo Duterte has named officers-in-charge for the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) following the resignation of former secretary Rodolfo Salalima. He was the first Cabinet member to resign. Presidential Spokesman Ernesto Abella said Undersecretary Eliseo Mijares Rio Jr. would oversee the DICT until a new secretary is appointed. Rio is the agency’s undersecretary for special concerns. He was a former commissioner of the National Telecommunications Commission. Salalima had stepped down because, as he said, he can no longer deal with corruption and interference in the DICT. However, President Duterte said he asked Salalima to resign for reportedly favoring a telecommunications company.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information