CebuA proposed IT park in Batangas City is expected to generate 23,800 direct business process outsourcing (BPO) jobs and up to 76,000 indirect jobs. The IT park is the brainchild of Pontefino Estates, the group behind Pontefino Hotel and Residences. The 4.2-hectare Pontefino Technology Park will be part of a development that includes commercial and residential areas and a convention center. The IT park will have a total gross floor area of 55,000 square meters, with more than half of the space likely to be offered to BPO companies, said Fely T. Ramos, SVP and chief operating officer of Pontefino Estates. Ramos said they will seek an accreditation from the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (Peza) for the IT park.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information