Bacolod City remains a key destination for business process outsourcing (BPO) operations in the country, a global real estate services company said. Colliers International Philippines said the city is among the pioneering provincial locations that have managed to entice global outsourcing companies. Bacolod is also slowly being recognized as a major health information management hub outside Metro Manila, the company said, adding that this is primarily attributed to the nursing and allied medical graduates that the city produces annually. There are 19 PEZA-accredited locations in Bacolod and more space is needed by the IT-BPM industry, said Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation of Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT) executive director Jocelle Batapa-Sigue.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information