The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) has urged Cebuano entrepreneurs to invest in locally developed technologies to help bring these technologies into the mainstream market. DOST undersecretary for Research and Development Rowena Cristina Guevara said investments in research and development (R&D), especially in artificial intelligence, are important as these will help the country sustain its momentum in the outsourcing sphere. A study made by the International Labor Organization said that if the country fails to invest in AI, it could lose 89% of its call center jobs in the next decade.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information