Global property firm Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL) said the country’s robust offshoring and outsourcing (O&O) sector is influencing demand for the hotel market in the Philippines. JLL’s head of research and consultancy, Claro Cordero Jr, noted that most BPO firms in the country are foreign-owned, which require executives to come in and out of the country. JLL also noted that international visitor arrivals in the Philippines increased 10.9% year-on-year in 2015, with Manila receiving an estimated 70% of those arrivals. Cordero believes that the BPO market may serve as a catalyst for the growth of the hotel sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information