The Philippine economy posted year-on-year growth of 6.9% in Q3 of this year, with the growth underpinned in large part by consumer spending, which in turn is fuelled by the outsourcing industry and remittances from overseas. The Q3 economic growth made the Philippines the second-fastest-growing economy in Asia, trailing only Vietnam, which grew 7.1% during the quarter. The Philippines was ahead of China, which grew 6.8%, and Indonesia, which expanded by 6.5%. The latest growth figure was better than expected. Economic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said the country is on track to meeting the full-year target range of 6.5% to 7.5%.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information