The newly created Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) finally has appointed its first secretary – veteran corporate lawyer Rodolfo A. Salalima. The DICT secretary, who has over 40 years of experience in the telecoms industry, is tasked to oversee the country’s booming ICT industry, which includes the outsourcing sector. The DICT was created by law during the last months of former President Benigno Aquino III in response to the clamor from IT and business process management sector for a department separate from the Department of Science and Technology. After he retired from Globe Telecom in 2008, Salalima authored “Telecommunications in the Information Revolution” which the UP Law Center published last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information