The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) is implementing new investment projects that would generate an additional 50,000 jobs, with 20,000 of these to be generated by the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. The SBMA is expanding its area and industrial base to further increase investments and boost economic opportunities for the Subic Bay community. Last year, the SBMA posted record financial gains, with gross revenue of Php2.75bn and operating income of Php1.48bn. For this year, SBMA Chairman Roberto Garcia said they will aim for new business locators, particularly in the retirement, business process outsourcing (BPO), and maritime sectors. This year will also see the awarding of the former Legenda Hotel facility inside the SBMA to a BPO gaming developer with projected investment of Php300m.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information