A Filipino-American Silicon Valley technology guru said the Philippines needs to prepare for artificial intelligence, which is expected to disrupt the business process outsourcing industry. Antonio Benjamin said the government needs to improve the country’s internet services and that the industry has to improve the levels of services currently offered to more of a higher knowledge set of services. He also said the country needs to upgrade the education system to make college graduates ready for work that cannot be overtaken by robots. Benjamin was in the Philippines for the 5th Geeks on a Beach 2017 international conference in Palawan.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information