Philippine Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez has joined the call for business process outsourcing (BPO) companies to innovate or be left out by the emergence of artificial intelligence. Lopez said BPO companies can address the threat of AI through innovation and training and modifying or remodeling the nature of existing jobs. He stressed that disqualified BPO applicants and retrenched agents can be retrained for AI application development. Lopez also underscored the need to strengthen the curriculum toward computer science, engineering, data science and AI application design. Experts have already voiced their concern that AI may replace humans in certain tasks and that BPO companies need to upgrade their services to stay relevant.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information