In the past two years, Infosys, India’s second-biggest software services provider, Infosys, has hired more than 7,600 US workers as part of its drive to build technology hubs in the US. The company announced in a statement this week that it is also opening a new center for digital innovation and design in the US state of Rhode Island. The center is expected to create another 500 jobs by 2022. The company considers the US as its largest market, and in May 2017 the company, under then-CEO Vishal Sikka, announced plans to set up four innovation and technology hubs in the US and to recruit 10,000 locals over a two-year period. At the end of March 2018, the company had about 155,000 employees in India, 25,600 in the Americas, 11,700 in Europe, and 11,900 in the rest of the world.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information