Singapore-based Everise has grown to an almost US$300-million global experience company since inception in 2016, according to an announcement by the company. It now employs 12,000 staff supported with artificial intelligence (AI), powering 500,000 experiences daily. Growth has come from a series of acquisitions and partnerships, including a global partnership with Microsoft, acquisitions of Malaysia-based Hyperlab and US-based Trusource Labs, and a joint venture with Korean business process outsourcing (BPO) giant, UBASE in Malaysia. Its 12,000 AI-augmented employees speak 10 languages across 17 centers around the globe, including the Philippines. Everise’s target is to become a US$500-million global experience company by 2022, and to further expand in Asian markets in the succeeding years. The firm’s growth strategy is to partner with and buy innovative companies that provide omni-channel customer service solutions, which target voice, video and text interactions, and leverage the power of AI.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information