Recruitment website Jobstreet.com said the economic policies of US President Donald Trump have prompted some American companies to delay expansion plans in the Philippines. Among the expansion plans that have been pushed back to the middle of the year from the first quarter are those for projects in Dumaguete, Cebu and Davao. Jobstreet.com country manager Philip Gioca said the US firms have a wait-and-see attitude and are very cautious on the directions of the American government. Jobstreet.com data, however, showed that despite uncertainty over Trump, job demand from the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector increased 20%, with BPO and SMEs expanding in the provinces fueling the demand.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information