Weeks after the NCCC Mall Davao fire incident that killed 37 of its employees, Survey Sampling International (SSI) is reportedly planning to resume and expand its Davao operations in 60 days. According to Samuel Matunog, president of Information Communications Technology (ICT) Council in Davao, SSI is looking for new space in the city where it can transfer its operations and reallocate the almost 500 employees that were displaced by the fire incident. SSI will also expand its number of workers to 600 if they can reopen soon in another location. Matunog added that the council has offered SSI alternative locations that are accredited by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA).
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information