The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) said investments in the Philippines in the January-April period grew 18.65% on the back of strong investments in IT parks for business process outsourcing (BPO) operations. The increase translated into total approved committed investments of P48.759bn against P41.093bn approved project registrations in the same period last year. According to PEZA data, the investments in the first four months represent the combined project cost of 208 approved projects. The total approved projects during the period rose 11.23% compared to the 187 projects registered in the same period last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information