The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is set to meet the labor and management sector to discuss the issue on labor contractualization. Incoming DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bello III said it will be his first action as soon as he assumes office to address the order of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte. The incoming president has committed to ending labor contractualization during his election campaign. Bello said that putting an end to all practices of contractualization will be very difficult to achieve because there are some industries where it would be impractical to employ regular workers, such as the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and construction sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information