The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has urged students and professionals to explore the opportunity of being a home-based business process outsourcing (BPO) workers. DICT program director for eInnovation, Emmy Lou Delfin, said the country’s IT-BPO industry is expected to generate USD25bn in revenues by the end of this year, creating 1.3 million direct jobs. About 40% of the jobs created this year are in the countryside. She added that 1.5 million Filipinos are currently engaged in home-based outsourcing, with freelancers earning from USD3 to USD5 an hour. In Naga City alone, Delfin revealed that the IT-BPO sector employs 4,500 people who earn a combined monthly income of P67.5m at an average monthly salary of P15,000.00 each.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information