Philippine Senator Panfilo Lacson has warned that about one million workers in the call center industry stand to lose their jobs should the Philippines sever ties with the US. In a statement, Lacson said advisers of President Rodrigo Duterte should properly advise the president that cutting ties with the US will not do any good to the country. Approximately one million BPO employees will lose their jobs if such relations are severed. Aside from one million Filipinos who are likely to losing their jobs, the other thing that would be imperiled is the USD18bn that is being brought into the economy, Lacson stressed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information