University of the Philippines (UP) President Alfredo E. Pascual said the country should not be satisfied with the current success in mainly voice-based business process outsourcing (BPO). He said the Philippines can catch up with its neighbors if it can produce high-level human resources. In a study entitled “Knowledge-Based Development and Governance”, Pascual said the country needs to develop more software engineers and other technology experts to really get ahead and add more value to the economy. Pascual said the country’s level of technology remains low in quality and scale and is concentrated in sectors that are not considered high-value. The study was presented to all presidential candidates.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information