A 10-hectare IT park is set rise within the property of the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), eyeing business process outsourcing (BPO) companies as potential locators. The IT park forms part of the two special economic zones (SEZ) dedicated to agro-industry and IT that would rise on a 70-hectare plot at UPLB. The economic zones would be outside UPLB’s main academic campus, but still within the university’s property. In November 2015 President Benigno Aquino III signed Presidential Proclamation No. 1164 and No. 1165, paving the way for the declaration of the SEZs in the university. UPLB Chancellor Fernando Sanchez said the economic zones could benefit UPLB graduates who could be tapped for immediate employment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information