Sutherland Global Services Community Technology Centre, the philanthropic arm of business process outsourcing firm Sutherland Global Services, recently certified 100 participants who completed a short Microsoft Digital Literacy course in Jamaica. Paula Hurlock, manager of the organization’s technology centers in Jamaica, said the initiative started in Mandeville in 2016 and is mostly targeting marginalized youth. Hurlock explained that the offering was more than just a training certificate but should also give participants a sense of confidence and drive to keep excelling. In the quest for growth, Hurlock added that Sutherland Global Services country manager Odetta Rockhead-Kerr has given some participants the opportunity to be employed in the company.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information