The Jamaican government is focused on providing the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector with the necessary institutional support. The government wants to copy the success of the Philippines in attracting BPO locators. Jamaica recently sent a high-level government team to the Philippines on a fact-finding mission, to learn from the success that the Philippines is having with the BPO industry. One of the companies that the delegation met in the Philippines has come to Jamaica to invest. At least 30,000 persons are expected to secure jobs in Jamaica’s BPO sector over the next five years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information