The business process outsourcing (BPO) sector and overseas Filipinos’ remittances will continue to fuel the Philippine economy if the new administration implements new economic policies. This was the view of IHS Global Insight, a US-based think tank. IHS noted that the fast-growing IT-BPO industry and remittances were the two key growth engines for the Philippine economy during President Benigno Aquino III’s term of office, which the new administration should continue to support. The US think tank said the GDP growth of around 6% per year can be sustained over 2016-2020 period if the incoming President and the new Philippines government administration can continue to pursue economic reforms and strengthen institutional governance.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information