American business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Sykes is looking at expanding in next wave cities in part to escape worsening traffic congestion in Metro Manila. This was the pronouncement of Dean van Ormer, Sykes Vice President for Philippines, during the opening of its new offices in Alabang. The Alabang hub is expected to create 2,500 jobs in industries related to technology, telecoms, financial services, and healthcare. Van Ormer said Sykes has been assessing the next wave cities and other cities in the Philippines and will continue to assess that. He also expressed confidence that the BPO sector would be sustained and will continue to grow under the presidency of Rodrigo Duterte.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information