Online hiring of business process outsourcing / information technology enabled service industry (BPO/ITES) in the Philippines improved in December from November, according to the latest Monster Employment Index. Online hiring for BPO/ITES registered a -3% year-on-year decline in December, still, a huge improvement from the -38% decline registered in November. The December data suggests that the Philippine economy is recovering from a sluggish performance as the overall hiring in the country improved. Monster.com managing director Sanjay Modi said the country’s BPO industry posted strong growth in recruitment last December due to the favourable business environment for the establishment of such firms. Modi expects more Filipinos to take up customer service jobs after the presidential and national elections in May.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information