Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has employed over 11,500 people outside of India in 2016–2017. The hires included graduates from engineering and B-schools in the US; this as TCS ramps up local hiring in offshore markets to address visa-related challenges. The company recorded 79,000 employees (gross) and 33,380 employees (net), taking its employee base to 387,000 by the end of March. However, the present number is lower than TCS’s hiring from international markets in 2015–16. According to TCS annual report, 16,173 people from international markets joined the company’s workforce in fiscal 2016. TCS is an Indian multinational information technology service, consulting, and business solutions company. It operates in 46 countries including the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information