Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) may have to defend itself in a trial in the United States over allegations that it showed bias against American workers. A federal judge in Oakland, California has expanded the case, which was filed in 2015, into a class action on behalf of the American complainants who allegedly lost their jobs at TCS offices since they were not assigned to any of the company’s clients, Bloomberg reported. The judge also rejected TCS’ request to dismiss the lawsuit that accuses the Indian IT firm of violating anti-discrimination laws by favouring South Asians. A TCS representative declined to comment on the ruling.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information