Aecom, the world’s largest engineering firm, has reportedly scrapped its entire global IT operations and will outsource the department to IBM. Both firms have not made a public announcement yet but sources said Aecom staff received letters in mid-January informing them of the decision. It is too early for anyone to know what ratio of people IBM will allow to work remotely or in existing Aecom offices, sources said. Aecom is an American multinational engineering firm that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to a wide range of clients. Aecom has approximately 95,000 employees, and is number 156 on the 2016 Fortune 500 list.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information