India-headquartered outsourcing firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is reportedly hiring 6,000 more workers in the Philippines to increase its headcount in the country to 10,000 from about 4,000 currently. The plan is to hire 6,000 coders in the country. The report, published in Tata group’s internal magazine, did not state about the timeline of the hiring and TCS declined to comment on the report. Tata entered the Philippines in 2012 with 400 employees. It has six global delivery centers in the country and plans to add a seventh one. About 70% of the revenue from the Philippines comes from BPO services, the rest comes from IT and IT infrastructure management services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information