A regional official said investors are bullish on the Negros Island Region (NIR) for this year, especially in the region’s tourism, business process outsourcing (BPO), construction, and agriculture sectors, said Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc regional director for NIR and Western Visayas Frank Carbon. He expects a steady growth in the influx of BPO investments, being the leading provider of jobs to the younger generation of workforce. Carbon added that the NIR will have a boom economy over the other regions of the country starting this year due to the region’s 5 million strong population, insurgency-free communities, and paved roads.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information